Turmeric Powder by Gerbs - 2 Pack (4.25 oz.) Shacker Jar - Top 12 Food Allergen Free - Gourmet Chef Grade by GERBS at The Flavour Stack. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The dried powdered spice that many people use in recipes comes from the root (rhizome) portion of the plant Curcuma longa. The unprocessed form of
Product Description & Reviews
The dried powdered spice that many people use in recipes comes from the root (rhizome) portion of the plant Curcuma longa. The unprocessed form of this root bears a strong resemblance to ginger root, and that resemblance is not a coincidence! Turmeric, ginger, and cardamom are plants all belonging to the Zingiberaceae family-also known as the ginger family. You'll sometimes hear turmeric being referred to as Indian saffron since its deep yellow-orange color is similar to that of saffron. You'll also sometimes hear it being referred to as curcuma, after it's best-studied polyphenolic component, namely, curcumin. Turmeric has been used throughout history as a culinary spice, herbal medicine, and fabric dye. Turmeric root has a very interesting taste and aroma. Its flavor is peppery, warm, and bitter while its fragrance is mild yet slightly reminiscent of orange and ginger. Consumers in the U.S. are mostly familiar with the dried, powdered form of turmeric and its unique and unforgettable color. When purchased in fresh root form, however, turmeric looks quite similar to ginger root, even though when cut open, its flesh is vibrant orange and dramatically different from the color of cut ginger root. Turmeric is musky and mild with a slightly gingery taste. Use about 1 tsp. per 4 servings at the end of cooking and can turn bitter when boiled. An essential ingredient of curry powder, it is used heavily in Indian and West Indian cooking. Use to add color to egg yolks and white sauces, in rice and in dill pickles. Can stain clothing.
Features & Highlights
- Amazing BBQ Grilling Rub - Apply to your favorite meat, up to 24 hours prior to grilling/smoking/baking.
- Excellent vegetable topper, great with grilled or steamed farm fresh summer veggies!
- Made in Rhode Island and Packaged on Dedicated Equipment by the Conte Brothers of Gerbs Allergen Friendly Foods
- Gerbs Allergen Declaration - Our Lines are Gluten, Wheat, Peanut, Tree-Nut, Legume, Soy, Egg, Milk/Dairy, Sesame, Mustard, Shellfish & Fish FREE! Packaged on Dedicated Equipment by Gerbs in our Factory!
- GERBS All-Natural Pledge = Non GMO, No Trans-fats, cooking oils, chemicals, preservatives, Nothing artificial added! The way mother nature intended our foods to be, made from scratch, to taste great, keep you healthy, & provide natural energy!
Gerbs Allergen Friendly Foods
Gerbs Allergen Friendly Foods
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by GERBS, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
PACK OF 2 - All Natural Ground Turmeric. Add to curries, chicken, pickles, relishes lentils and rice....
From the ginger family, turmeric has a warm earthy flavor and a rich yellow color. Add McCormick Gourmet All Natural Ground Turmeric to curries, chicken, pickles, relishes, lentils and rice pilaf.Vibrant yellow color and warm, earthy flavor. Use in c...
mpn: 00055916, ean: 0033844002503,
Commonly used in South Asian and Middle Eastern foods, this brightly colored spice packs a punch. A little goes a long way to add excitement to poultry, vegetables and rice. It is an essential ingredient to curries and mustards.Commonly used in South...